Listen to my appearance on the podcast Un/Invisible with Lauren Freedman below!
Lauren interviews another amazing health practitioner in this episode: Michele Sherman, MFT. Michele is a specialist in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy, which can be extremely useful in overcoming traumas of all shapes and sizes. She runs a practice out of Encino, CA.
Key links mentioned in this episode:
Michele Sherman, MFT
Listen in as Michele reveals…
- why EMDR is an effective and fast treatment for trauma
- how EMDR works
- why EMDR is really a mind-body treatment, and has helped patients surviving eating disorders, PTSD, childhood trauma, grief, loss, anxiety, depression, and sleep problems, among other concerns
- how EMDR allows patients to release unconsciously held pain in their bodies (when associated with trauma)
- how EMDR treats a root cause for a solution and change
- the importance of universal mental healthcare coverage
- the importance of normalizing variations in mental health among individuals, and offering resources and advocacy
- that there is help out there, and we need to de-stigmatize the search for treatment
- that employers should offer opportunities and education on healthcare incentives, because it’s their job to provide access to help – and health
- that social media is a form of isolation, and leads to depression among millennials
- that being depressed doesn’t have to be a way of life